1. Initial Consultation
We begin with the initial consultation to help you achieve the style you are looking for as well as colors, edge details, back splash and sink options.
To more accurately determine the cost, You may elect to have a sales associate come out to measure and make arrangements for it. We understand the things can change and many customers decide to make alterations once construction has begun. Therefore, the measurements will only be used for the initial estimate and will not determine the final price for you counter tops. The template (on site pattern) will confirm final price.
3. Proposal / Estimate
A proposal will then be completed based of the customer drawings or measurements taken by a sales associate. The main reason for the proposal is to give an estimate of cost. At this point of the process we will ask for a sign estimate and a 70% deposit in order to continue with templates unless prior arrangements are made in advance.
A template is made once the all cabinets are secured and installed. The template will then be used to cut the material for fabrication.
It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure the following is completed prior to the technician’s arrival:
- Cabinets must be installed and leveled. If cabinets are not properly secured to the floor and walls, our technician will not be able to template.
- Under-mount sinks and their template must be at the job site before template of counter top can be completed. We require under-mount sinks are taken to the shop to ensure a proper fit.
- Templates can be completed with existing counters in place they do not have to be removed. If customer prefers to remove counter tops it would need to be done prior to installation. If VGT does the removal we will remove the same days as installation.
For Fabrication, we require to have all of your counter top information confirmed: color, edge detail, sinks (non-integrated sinks require templates or a physical measure). Some projects will take more time to fabricate than others depending size. All these factors contribute to your install date. In order to fabricate your custom counter tops a template must be taken and a stone must be selected; if any changes occur after the final estimate, we will need a new signed estimate along with a 70% deposit, remainder is due upon completion before fabrication begins, once these have all been completed you can expect your new counter top to be installed between 5-7 working days. Occasionally a delay may occur. This can be due to several unavoidable reasons. We apologize in advance and promise you that we will alert you ahead of the appointment to reschedule.
The exciting day is here and your counters have arrived! Installation is approximately 1 to 2 full days. Before the installers arrive please check the following:
- Cook tops, Ranges, Downdrafts, Hoods, top-mount sinks, faucets or anything else that requires cutting of the stone must be at the job site, but not yet installed or attached.
- Sink plumbing and garbage disposals must be disconnected (the installers will need to more the sink into position). Faucets must also be removed if they have been installed. VGT installers do not do plumbing of any type.
- The counters are very large and heavy and there needs to be a clear and easy path free of clutter. It is your responsibility to make sure that anything that is at risk if being damaged is out of the way, protected and not in the path of the installers.
- The installers will need access to electricity and water. We will be doing some detailing in your kitchen and/bath. Yes, there will some dust, so take precautions.
- Cook-tops need to be disconnected. Ranges and refrigerators should be moved out of the cabinets to allow the installers free access to all counter top edges. It is your responsibility to move and/or disconnect all appliances. VGT and its installers will not be responsible for any damages.
- Concerning mirrors, VGT recommends that you remove wall-mounted (hanging) mirrors and glass shelves. Should you elect to leave these items on the wall during the removal and installation process, VGT will not assume any liability for damages and/or replacement cost.
- After installation is completed you will be required to sign a completion form. This is your opportunity to mot only check the quality of the material and installation of the countertops but also to make any comments concerning the entire experience. Please let us know of any problems you may have had with our technicians. We would appreciate any suggestions that you have to make the home installation process more convenient for future clients.
When assessing the affordability of natural stone, consider durability, lifespan, uniqueness and timeless quality. These characteristics make it clear that natural stone is very affordable.
Villanueva Granite has access to nearly 250 varieties including marble, granite, limestone, slate, travertine, onyx, and quartzite.
CARE & MAINTENANCE:
Natural stone, when properly sealed, is simple to care for and maintain. Keep your natural stone looking its best by sweeping, dust-mopping or vacuuming prior to wet-mopping with a pH-balanced neutral cleaner or warm water.
In recent years, more new stones have been brought to the marketplace than ever before. Granite tiles and slabs cover the spectrum from near-white to rich greens, absolute blacks, and even blues. With the warm tones of travertine and limestone, and varied beauty of marble, the possibilities are almost endless. Remember that stone is a product of nature, and color varies from piece to piece, as well as between lots. Your stone should be viewed and approved before installation.
Due to all of the above-mentioned factors, natural stone is very popular. Unlike synthetic floor coverings and counter surfaces, natural stone is unique, highly durable and has a timeless quality that never goes out of style.
Natural stone is available primarily in tiles and slabs. Many natural stone tiles are available in different sizes, allowing flexibility in design and patterning. Granite and marble slabs can be fabricated and tailored to meet the needs of homebuilders, designers and architects. The only limit to the use of natural stone is your imagination.
Please browse the Hundreds of Natural Stone Selections That Villanueva Granite offers its cutomers by clicking on any of the types of stone below.